Angel Wing Heart Girls' Night @ Skycity last Friday | SnowRiiの世界

Monday 10 February 2014

Girls' Night @ Skycity last Friday

I ended up spending the entire weekend being sleep deprived and hazy during the day, and legit sleeping, but somehow still not resting enough through the night!? am I anemic???

Anyway, L happened to have a free pass to stay at Skycity's hotel for a night this month, so she invited all of us girls in the high school gang to stay over and catch up >w<

It's super sweet of her to invite us!! Even though we have met up many times through this summer, we rarely met in the past few years since HS ;w;
Sometimes I feel like I have no idea what's even happening with some people anymore, and don't know how to even begin asking,,, *sigh*

Anyway, it really irks me how people in our group never check facebook notifications. Like, I'm pretty sure people get notified every time someone posts in a group (unless they turned it off) right!? It's not like anyone spams in there, why turn it off ==
And then some people are like - oh yeah I'm keen! and then when details are confirmed and everything, you don't hear from them. Just, wtf??? I know you've been online cause you PMed me about other stuff!!
Rant aside, the night ended up just being L and I, which was perfectly fine since it's been a long time since we had a date between the two of us. L was the only person I ever gossiped about the guys we knew back in HS I think? hahaha I'm not much of a gossiper...

As usual, I was late... BUT this time I had a legit reason. I seriously did leave the house on time, but the gigantic winds in Greenlane + umbrella in 1 hand and luggage in the other was not something I was prepared for. Seriously, what is with the winds in Greenlane!?

So we dropped everything off at the hotel, and in the lobby there was a performance for CNY! I didn't take any photos though, I was too busy staring at this girl who had really really nice legs.... (in the most non-creeper way ever.)

For dinner we went to Sushi Factory, a restaurant L frequents and which I went to once. That one time I went there with my ex two years ago omg. Most gluttonous dinner ever. <writing it down, in the unlikely case that I forget it one day lol.

L had a tempura udon and a variety sushi plate, and I had the chicken katsudon set~
Collaged everything together for instagram *lazy*

Next time we agreed to go for one of the party platters. the 55$ one looks really yummy ~~

It was actually pretty good value IMO, I think I spent around 15~20$? Many items on their menu is overpriced af, but the sets are alright, and one or two of the party platters are alright.

Now I wanna eat ramen.... buttercorn ramen~~~~ ;w;

Anyway, after dinner, we decided to go to Milse for some dessert. The original plan was to go to a bar, but the weather was shitty all afternoon/evening so we settled for dessert.

Milse was busy, as usual. The wait list for a table was at about 40 minutes. Pretty sure we spent about 20 minutes picking what we wanted anyway, but in the end we didn't stay in the restaurant to enjoy our dessert. The outside courtyard was covered though, and it's a really nice place to eat in the evening~ (you can see pics of the area in my Milse review, together with a good range of their desserts).

L had the Valrhona caramelia, coffee, and hazelnut gateaux (you can see what it looks like, and its review here), and I had a matcha green tea and strawberry gelato stick. The gelato stick was a bit of a let down... It was extremely difficult to eat and melted all over the place, plus the green tea wasn't strong and had quite an indistinct taste that wasn't matcha-y at all :(

After dessert we bought some dessert wine (dessert #2!) and chippies to munch on while we discussed life, future, pregnancy (LOL no pregnancy for those that love sashimi!!), and other serious af topics while watching cartoon network. The line between childhood and adulthood blurs more every day xD
Hardly any gossip went down that night, but the little that did...eurgh I'd rather clear from my mind kthx ;;;;

Gotta have those selfies. :D

The next morning, we decided the walk to viaduct would not be worth it for an overpriced breakfast, when there isn't even a pretty sunrise to watch, so we headed to The Shelf. It was my first time there, and I wish I had brought my DSLR because the interior deco was super nice!

We both had egg benedict, mushroom for L, and bacon (fatty fatty) for myself. I also tried The Shelf's specialty Iced Coffee which was pretty awesome cause they use coffee to make the ice cubes! Plus, the amount of chocolate in the form of both hard chocolate, and chocolate sauce was like mmmmmmmn

Not sure how I felt about an iced coffee priced at $7 though .-. those are few and far in between, in nz....

We had a little time left after that, so we dropped by smith and caugheys to get L a new concealer. MAC's concealer is actually really good for heavy coverage! I didn't end up buying anything though, still on the hunt for a nice NATURAL hime-style lipstick... (every time I buy a lipstick from Chanel, it ends up looking different to what I actually wanted fml. Probably will end up buying from Chanel again though, their lipsticks are still the nicest ;w;)

We both love staying in hotels, so it was extra nice that we got to spend the night at SkyCity ^^

And that concludes our girls' night!

=^.^=

    Post a Comment

     

    Wallpaper from Engram Pixel: http://engrampixel.co.vu,