Angel Wing Heart [Review] Classic St Andrews Lady - Daniel Wellington | SnowRiiの世界

Sunday 23 November 2014

[Review] Classic St Andrews Lady - Daniel Wellington

Ok so before I start, I just want to make a disclaimer:
Everything in this post is MY OPINION based only on the Classic St Andrews Lady watch I purchased this month. The observations I make on my watch may not apply to all watches of this model, or other models by the Daniel Wellington brand.


Thing is, I had heard so many good reviews about DW watches. One of my friends bought a black strap one earlier this year (don't remember which one though) and she absolutely loved it and recommended it to me. So when I started looking for watches recently, I went to DW first.

All their designs are very simple, and perfect for work. Something you could wear for years and not find it too gaudy or out of style. That was definitely one major perk for me - after all, watches aren't the cheapest of things so I definitely wanted one I would wear for a good long time!

Then of course, Alexa had a discount code for DW for her followers so I thought, why not buy one now since I have a discount anyway?

As I said on a previous post when I just received my watch, the shipping was the best I have ever experienced!

The design and color was exactly what I expected judging from the stock photos on the website. I love the case color so much, it's so perfect with the strap color.


The strap was sturdy, rather thick in fact. which I guess is nice? Gives the watch a little more weight.


But that's where my affection for the watch stops.

First, the watch that I received started chaffing at my wrist about a week in. I wore it every day, so I think this is a good indication that the chaffing probably won't ever improve? At the very least, there is no way I will be trying to chop off the end x.x

Turns out the end of a thread wasn't cut deeply enough so the hard tip was pricking out

Then, seeing as I had just acquired 2 watches I decided to compare the two. Although my Skagen watch was probably a fair bit more expensive than the DW, for $150 I was expecting a little more detail on the strap holes.

Very rough edges. Was expecting a little cleaner considering this is a 'smart' looking watch?
Compared to my Skagen

Can't help comparing. The difference is just too big.
Also, the leather for the DW watch was a LOT stiffer than my Skagen. From my (limited) experience with leather, chances are that the softer the leather is, the better quality the leather is. Granted, the strap is rather thick, but that could also be an attribute of the type of leather used.

Finally, my last bone to pick with the watch: The hands are nice and thin, however on close inspection, there are specks on the hands. They're not polished properly. Or something. I don't know, is it that hard to make sure two watch hands are polished properly? I haven't observed this on any of the other watches my mom has (she collects a few), so this came as quite a surprise. I hope you can see it in the photo. Unfortunately my camera isn't made for macro...


One last photo of the watch worn. It really does look quite lovely from far away. The dial doesn't appear to be too large at all, and this color is rather neutral - good for pairing with both dark and light clothes!


So my overall opinion of the watch is that on the whole, if you're not a watch person and just want something that looks nice for work then it's alright to buy. After all, $150~ $200 for a watch isn't too big of a deal when it's for work and you'll be wearing it 5 days a week or something. However, the details are just lacking, and seeing as I actually rather like watches, I personally would not purchase another one.


=^.^=
  1. Alexa Ober said... 23 November 2014 at 16:34

    Oh I love this review and photo quality is so good! I like how honest you were :) I'm sorry though yours wasn't as nice as mine:( maybe you could contact them for a replacement?

  2. Snow Rii said... 24 November 2014 at 09:18

    Thank you! I'm glad i was able to capture what I wanted at all ><

    Is it worth it? does your watch have the same issues? If your one doesn't have these problems then it might be worth replacing... after all, at least their service is definitely A+

  3. Alexa Ober said... 24 November 2014 at 09:35

    I inspected mind more closely & my holes & face & hands are perfectly cleaner than yours. Maybe you should replace & ask for a "cleaner" one of the one you ordered or if not s different style & explain to them why you don't like it :)

  4. Snow Rii said... 24 November 2014 at 11:01

    Thanks! Yeah I shall then :D

  5. Catherine said... 24 February 2015 at 10:50

    Oh hello ! I was searching some reviews about this dw watch from google :D may i know how long it tooks to reach your door step ?

  6. Snow Rii said... 25 February 2015 at 20:27

    Hi Catherine! It took 6 days (I checked the tracking)

  7. Snow Rii said... 25 February 2015 at 20:28

    And I'm in NZ if that helps you with estimating how long it would take for you :)

Post a Comment

 

Wallpaper from Engram Pixel: http://engrampixel.co.vu,