Angel Wing Heart Review: Neutrogena Pore Refining Exfoliating Cleanser | SnowRiiの世界

Friday 2 May 2014

////

Review: Neutrogena Pore Refining Exfoliating Cleanser

Hiya!

Thought I should probably post something of actual use in the beauty world once in a while haha

I received this product as a member of the NZ beauty review site beautyreview.co.nz and thought, why not review this on my blog where I can actually review it in detail!

TL;DR at the end of the post!

Usually I'm not a fan of drugstore brand products, but Neutrogena's makeup remover is the only one that works well for me at a reasonable price so I have a soft spot for Neutrogena *^^* the price is $15~$20, which is a LOT cheaper than my go-to shiseido products.

Pore refining exfoliating cleanser pretty much sums up what this is supposed to do. I have no idea what the alpha and beta hydroxy formula is supposed to do, and they don't explain it so I'm assuming that's just bs to make the formula sound unique.


Listed benefits:

Removes dead surface skin
Smoothes rough, uneven skin
Reduce the appearance of pores
Overall- leaves skin clear, smooth, more toned with less visible pores.

First of all, the product itself does not look appealing at all out of the tube. It looks like white snot, no!? Or I imagine how the foam coming out of a rabid dog's mouth looks like ==;

The microbeads are super small. You can feel it on your skin when you massage the cleanser in, but it's really hard to see on the photo. The beads are hard, and don't appear to disintegrate at all.

I have the biggest gripe with this product's smell. This is what it smells like:


In a sense, I liked it for the first 0.25milliseconds because it immediately brought back memories (of my childhood lol), but the smell certainly is not pleasant nor what you would expect of a facial cleanser today.

In terms of results, it does make my skin feel smoother , and the uneven skin has gone down a bit! Very marginally, but I can feel it!

I don't know what the long-term effects will be, but the product recommends daily use so I'll try that for a while and perhaps revisit this post in a few months :)


Final rating!
Texture: 4
Scent: 1
Absorption: 4
Effectiveness: 4
Overall: 3


I will definitely be using it regularly! Out of the exfoliating type cleansers I have used in the past, this is definitely one of my preferred ones since it works. I just wish the microbeads were a little softer, the smell a little more pleasant, and the texture to be either bubblier or creamier but NOT both!





=^.^=

    Post a Comment

     

    Wallpaper from Engram Pixel: http://engrampixel.co.vu,