Angel Wing Heart First impressions of Depot Eatery | SnowRiiの世界

Thursday 22 May 2014

////

First impressions of Depot Eatery

Today I'm spending my entire day at a training and examination event for LabVIEW (it's free!) which unfortunately starts at a grossly inhumane 8am.

Seriously, why are these out-of-uni events always so damn early!?

I hope I don't fall asleep -0-;;

Since I got here half an hour early, I decided to grab a coffee near the skycity convention centre where the training is held. *THANK YOU NZ BUSSES FOR BEING INCONSISTENTLY UNRELIABLE* (#`A´)

There's a really awesomely deco-ed 'murican style diner next door to the Depot, but I wondered if they had good coffee since everyone inside appears to be eating. Plus, good coffee in a diner? Hmmm idk...never had good coffee in North America...

So I ended up at the Depot!

I made an absolute fool of myself ordering coffee lmao. They don't provide a coffee menu or anything! And the cashier is where you order, but the cashier is facing the barista area, on the right when you enter so I totally didn't notice wtf. The barista lady must think I'm dense since I tried to order from her. Especially as most people here are in suits, and I'm in my fluffy pink poncho, leopard chiffon skirt, LizLisa bag, pastel bookcase, and pastel phone .-. Not out of place at all.

The Depot actually looks pretty awesome. The rustic setting with open kitchens is really nice, definitely something homey, chill, and all-round different from the corporate offices all in the CBD!


Cool rack of wine bottles and various artifacts like fish skeletons, old tins, and random old stuff I don't recognise, to complete the look.

The one thing I find a bit strange is tap wine.

Yes. Tap WINE. Haven't heard of that before have you?

Behold. I wonder if the taste of wine in the pipe is compromised...

My coffee turns out to be quite good, surprisingly. I have no idea how much it costs (upwards of $4 for sure), but it's definitely better than the coffee at any of the uni cafes~


I told the barista I wanted to have it here, but she still stuck it in a takeaway cup. I see how it is. >>


All in all, I've heard good things about the food here so I'll definitely visit again in the evening sometime. Unfortunately this place is too far out of the way to drop by before my 9am starts at uni.


=^.^=

    Post a Comment

     

    Wallpaper from Engram Pixel: http://engrampixel.co.vu,