Angel Wing Heart Revisiting Milse - disappointed! :( | SnowRiiの世界

Thursday 8 May 2014

////

Revisiting Milse - disappointed! :(

Last Sunday, LY organised a meetup to celebrate her birthday (even though she didn't want us to sing happy birthday we ended up cornering her against a locked door and singing it in the train station hahahaha)

I didn't get many photos unfortunately, but I managed to snap some of the food since other people were taking food pics too ^^

This is just copied from my instagram post (@snowrii).

We had dinner at The Conservatory in Wynyard Quarter. It's my first time eating over there, and my second time in Wynyard Quarter since it opened in...2012 or 2013!? LOL I am so behind ~.~
The restaurants there all seem pretty nice, at least the view and ambience is great! The only downside is that the restaurants don't show their name very obviously, so I walked into a random restaurant before finding The Conservatory. Awkward.

Just a quick review of our dinner - the lamb (18"?) pizza was delicious! They cut it in huge slices and I felt so hungus, but omg it was so yum. Chips seasoned with rosemary is also quite nice! They didn't prepare it very crispy unfortunately (same goes for the calamari), but the idea of rosemary and chips is new to me and I love it! The garden platter was pretty average, the cabbage wasn't fresh enough and the artichoke heart was average. I wonder if their chef took a day off yesterday?

Now on to Milse! For those of you that follow Confetti, you will know that I had posted about the store several times (first review, second documented visit), mostly favorably. TL;DR on the links - when we first started the blog, Cora and I had a little celebration reviewing the store and it was truly lovely! Then, the verrines became much smaller than they used to be. This time, it was even worse!
Macarons of all different shapes and sizes, messily displayed.
Beautiful shot capturing the ONE giant macaron sandwich and the sloppy presentation of the green tea gateaux, courtesy of JY.

Let me just number them to make it easy for reading:
1. The presentation is inconsistent and sloppy - macarons were all different sizes, placed inctheir rows messily, and some were almost half a size bigger than others! If you think I'm being picky here, please visit my first review of Milse and you can understand why I have my expectations.
2. The cabinet was unkempt, even though it was a Sunday and they were really only moderately busy. Considering all the tarts sit directly in the cabinet, I would think that cleanness should be of high priority?
3. Macarons (the only thing I bought this time) varied in quality. The salted caramel JY bought was just as good as I remembered, but the other 3 that we shared (including the 2 in my photo collage at the top of this post) were very crumbly, hollow, and hard. Inconsistent, yet again.

Unfortunately I didn't try verrines or tarts or a gateaux this time, so I can't comment on those, but at least the presentation of the gateaux was pretty bad just like the macarons.

It has only been just over a year since they opened. I am honestly quite disappointed, and probably will not visit Milse quite as often as I used to.

Just FYI.


=^.^=

    Post a Comment

     

    Wallpaper from Engram Pixel: http://engrampixel.co.vu,