Angel Wing Heart Shoujo manga, and a little heart to heart | SnowRiiの世界

Thursday 23 January 2014

////

Shoujo manga, and a little heart to heart

These past few weeks have been an interesting experience. Since December, I've been working full time, and I am currently still working at the same place.

Every week, it's been working, coming home, showering, cooking, eating and then spending the night on facebook chatting till the early mornings, waking up tired, then back to working. Every weekend, it's been going out late - even when I don't plan to go out! and then sleeping in...

I really should be enjoying this time of my life when i can go out, and not feel bad for spending all this money, and just partying away, but it feels like such a waste of time and resources.

Yesterday, I started reading manga again. It's funny how I got back into it actually. I was discussing books with a friend, then it went on to how terrible 50 shades is, and then I remembered this (warning: very fan-servicy) manga I started reading last year, or the year before.

It's a very unique manga, and I doubt any other artists are writing stories on a fetish theme (S&M), yet with such a pure underlying romantic plotline. If you want the title, just ask me. It's actually a pretty popular manga judging by the views, and the fans are very loyal - myself included!

Anyway, once I finished catching up on that manga, I started going through the other manga I bookmarked. Yes, I have a bookmark folder of manga I'm in the midst of reading...

Today is the second evening I have spent reading manga, and I'm not even a third of the way through the list. Today I read an omake from Cousin, Love So Life, and Watashi ni XX Shinasai, and I am currently making my way through Taiyou no Ie which I had bookmarked, but not started.

Point is, reading all these manga today, I feel like I haven't changed much, since the start of uni, or even back in yr9. I'm still reading shoujo manga, with bittersweet plotline developments that make my heart go waku waku... Like, why am I still reading all these manga? It's painful, yet at the same time it's so addicting. Somehow, I get some kind of satisfaction reading these stories, and sobbing my eyes out, and virtually stabbing my heart out. I kid you not, these stories are sometimes so painful, like, don't underestimate manga. lol.

At least I know I'm not the only one hooked on these, since there's clearly enough of a market for these manga to be published?



Anyway, when I take a step back and analyse the situation objectively, I guess it is easier to just go with stories, and experience these heart-wrenching feelings of the protagonist and the happy and sad moments of the story from her POV. And then I can just let go of it afterwards and continue on with my life. Which, by the way, seems so much more bland, and un-captivating in comparison.

But that's also a little sad.

#otakuforever

Oh also, if there are any bittersweet manga you can recommend, please do comment. I am always on the hunt for good manga ;w;

    Post a Comment

     

    Wallpaper from Engram Pixel: http://engrampixel.co.vu,