Angel Wing Heart Taobao Haul April / May 2014 | SnowRiiの世界

Monday 2 June 2014

Taobao Haul April / May 2014

Hiya!

Today I am going to post about my recent haul from taobao~
I purchased the items on two occasions - the first for the clothing, and then separately for the phone and hair accessories and miscellaneous items. My original post of the clothing I bought is here, and the wishlist which became reality (wwww always wanted to say that) is here! There's nice stock photos on those posts so if you want to see the items worn or nicely arranged, there ya go :)

These are in complete random order, and some are collated. I would like to apologize beforehand about the inconsistent exposure QAQ anyone have tips about how to keep the brightness consistent between photos of light color items and dark color items?? Please share!

As always, I am happy to provide links if there is anything you like (just don't ask for everything cause it takes a while to dig out all the links QAQ)

Well without further ado, here is the photo spam!

Key pack thing which is pretty cute,  but unfortunately not big enough to hold my car keys.
6 cases, 1 bumper case thing, 3 stickers and 3 dust plugs for my phone. 
 Ok I have a little rant for these phone accessories. First of all, I strongly suggest you don't buy anything with white 'faux leather' like the blinged case on the left. There are so many marks on it when I received it, it's not even funny. Worse still, because it's plastic-y faux leather I'm too scared to even try and scrub it off!

The phone sticker sets are the best things I have ever bought from taobao. The sticker quality on the whole is not too shabby, though the back camera is starting to come off the tiniest little bit since there's a part that gets caught in stuff easily. On the whole, a very good purchase. Did i mention the stickers even include glittery pink strips for the sides of the phone??? (I will post photos of it on my phone later in another post)

Hair accessories, necklaces, and rings!
 Ok I bought a whole heap of these tiara clip things (what are they called anyway?) because of the hairpieces pictured below! I wanted to style it as himekaji, so these will hide the gap between my hair and the hair piece ^^ So keen to look himekaji in my travel photos at the end of this semester ~~

The rings are for lolita - one can never have enough lolita rings :D

I only bought 2 long necklaces this time (they're about waist length), it's for smart casual looks with some of the clothes I bought which you'll see later in this post.

Two ponytail hair pieces, and lolita tights!
These hair pieces have huge nets, so I bought some wig/extension clips off ebay, and I'll be sewing them on here to make these half-wig pieces. Hopefully it works out, as I've never tried to do that before! These hair pieces are super soft (a little too soft to look like human hair) but on the whole, they're pretty convincing. Did I also mention they're really warm?

The hair pieces look really shiny here, but I've left them out for a few days as per suggestions online, and indeed after collecting some dust (sounds gross, but it's the truth >>') they really de-shined a lot! lol

These are the tights from above, aren't they the cutest!? The fibre is not very good though
Cats. There are fluffy cats with bows, and crosses, and crowns, and diamonds on my tights. *v*~~~

On the left are restock of my favourite double eyelid tape, and the rest are nail tattoos
So I found out recently that the nail stickers refer to the thick plastic stickers, and these sticker things which you soak in water are actually called nail tattoos! I had so much trouble hunting down this type of nail deco, now I know why hahaha. Search nail tattoos - these are sooo much better because they don't lift anywhere near as easily as the cruddy nail stickers!

Princess Melody replica *v*

MA*RS replica *v*
OK so in hindsight, I could have left the above dresses off till after my Japan trip. But I bought these first because I wanted to see how the quality is, before checking out the actual originals in Japan - after all, the original items didn't look like they used extremely good fabric, so I wanted to get these first and see if it's worth buying the true MA*RS. Funny thing is that the MA*RS replica printed fabric is actually a different fabric to the princess melody one (even though I think I bought them from the same store...?) - the MA*RS dress fabric is much more stiff, which imo is good. The PM print fabric is the thin limp kind that gathers a lot of static. ><

I haven't worn either of them for more than 5 minutes, so I don't know how they'll fare with NZ weather and just being worn out of the house in general, but we will see. Also, the fabric puffs at the waist a little bit due to the gathering - I don't know if the original dresses do this too. All in all, considering each one is perhaps $40~60 shipping inclusive, it's not a bad purchase. Dresses in NZ are about this price for this quality too.

Cute blouse with sheer flower adorned sleeves
Problems: the big bow was overlocked on the edge, the collar puffs out which I'll have to fix, the buttons are a little wonky, the fabric is static-y, and the top is generally smaller than I expected (around the bust particularly). Also the top is a little see through which clearly the shop decided to photoshop out of the stock photos. I've bought better items for the price I paid for this, but it was from the shop that I bought a cute lace blouse from before, so I thought it would be good quality :/


Short sleeve blouse with sheer lace. chiffon-imitation fabric that's opaque!

Pink sleeveless top, chiffon-imitation fabric, also opaque!

Button closure plain white shirt, for kogal style.

black cardi, don't like the buttons so perhaps I will find new buttons to replace these. Fabric also, is way cruddier than what I expected looking at the stock photo...

Off-white sheer blouse with beaded collar detail. Worn in the outfit at the end of this post.

Lilac lace sleeveless dress with ruffle collar. Fabric is not great, and I haven't tried it yet. Looking forward to wearing it for travel :)

Pink with off-white overlay salopette with ruffle strap detail.
Funny story with this salopette, I accidentally managed to lose one of the buttons that the straps go on at the back. Replaced it with another one I dug out of my button treasure trove, but it's still a little disappointing that I managed to lose a button within the first 10 mins I wore this. Also, not sure if you can see but they managed to screw up the stitching front and centre left. All in all though, the design is adorable and the buttons are cute. I spent about $40 shipping incl. on this I think (it was on sale, down from about $80).

High waist denim jeans. Worn in the outfit photo at the end of this post.
They're a good length for my legs, and for ONCE my butt actually fits in Asian jeans wtf. However, as per usual when my butt fits, the waist is too big. I'll be adjusting the waist soon.

Gifts I received with this order.
I think out of the gifts I received this time, the hair clips on the right are the ones I've used the most. They're legit really good quality haha. On the bottom left is a ring, and 2 dust plugs. I have no idea what that white thing furthest right is... any guesses? ^^;


So finally the haul post is over! Here is the first outfit I put together from this haul.
Not too bad for casual clothes I hope?


=^.^=

    Post a Comment

     

    Wallpaper from Engram Pixel: http://engrampixel.co.vu,