Angel Wing Heart Review: GEO Olive Brown Circle Lens | SnowRiiの世界

Wednesday 25 June 2014

////

Review: GEO Olive Brown Circle Lens

Hiya!

Every year I will open a smaller diameter lens for uni use, as 14.5mm is really really bad for my eyes (though 14.00mm is not really that much smaller actually...). Late last year I realised how much I use circle lenses, so I have decided it's best to do a half year / 1/3 year rotation of lenses since my lenses seem to feel dry far before their year is up.

Anyway, My dedicated uni/formal occasion lenses for A/W 2014 are GEO Olive brown!

I've had my eyes set on trying these lenses since high school or something! A long time ago, GEO had a circle lens series named Wing, which may or may not have had a slighter more solid black ring than these olive lenses. The wing lenses were discontinued eventually for some reason unbeknownst to me, and they released Olive as the 'revamped verson'. I've been looking to these lenses since the days of GEO wing haha~ (I feel so old!)

Let's start with the basics-

Specs
Power: 0.00 ~ -10.00
Diameter : 14.2mm
Water Content : 38~42%
Base Curve : 8.60mm
1 Year Disposable

First of all, I don't know why the listings for these lenses say 38-42% water content. Like, is it actually 38, but you think it could go up to 42% so that number is just chucked in there?? Make up your mind GEO! >:l

Actually the truth is, I have no idea how water content in contact lenses is measured or anything. This is just the first time I've seen a label that didn't clearly state the water content % as one number .-.

Again, like my EOS Ice Brown review, I've lost the photo of the lens in its bottle so...here's another stock photo of the lens :D

pixelated as heeeeeeck x'D

The ring around the edge isn't black, but a dark brown. The dark brown isn't actually that dark, so it looks quite convincing on my brown eyes. I generally avoid lenses that have a rather solid ring around the centre where the color ends, instead I prefer lenses that have rays, so it blends better with my iris, but I trusted these would be okay....and they are! Also, the amount of space they leave in the centre is really nice.

I've bought lenses in the past where that space for the pupil is so tiny that i often saw color when i look around. Obviously there's something wrong with the fact that my lenses weren't following my eye movement entirely, but still, not leaving enough space for the iris is an error in design too.

geo olive brown honey wing

The color of the lens has more red than my iris, so sometimes it looks a bit odd. Especially when I use flash. In fact I think the entire lens color is slightly darker than my iris....

Ratings
Design: 5/5 - the design is perfect for a 14.2mm lens
Comfort: 5/5 - can be worn from early morning to late evening comfortably. NOT RECOMMENDED THOUGH
Enlargement: 3/5 - I live on 14.5mm+ lenses. For a 14.2, these are pretty good though.
Overall: 4/5 - would purchase again.

I may try other series for 'uni-lenses' but these are definitely a safe option if you don't want to look around and try a whole bunch for yourself :)

How they look on me -

geo olive brown honey wing
It's really dark, right?

geo olive brown honey wing

geo olive brown honey wing

geo olive brown honey wing
The size is nice and natural!

geo olive brown honey wing
The tiny flecks of color add to the natural look ~


=^.^=
  1. Nagareboshi said... 26 June 2014 at 05:48

    They really suit you well! I love the colour. ^__^

    http://nagareboshi9.blogspot.ch/

Post a Comment

 

Wallpaper from Engram Pixel: http://engrampixel.co.vu,