Angel Wing Heart First outings this semester! | SnowRiiの世界

Saturday 26 July 2014

First outings this semester!

Uni started this week, but I am sooo totally not ready to get down to business!

It's like, every holiday needs to have at least a week of doing absolutely zilch, and I just haven't had that yet haha

So this week, I've been meeting up with friends here and there and just catching up with everyone and eating way too much QAQ

Warning: much of this post is just food photos! X'D


On Monday, LL and I revisited Sushi Factory on Vulcan Lane (Auckland CBD). They had pink umeshu!!


Ok we didn't buy it because we went at lunch time and we both had to get back to uni in the afternoon. But the bottles are really pretty, no??? Hopefully we can try it another night, but we've planned for a Sake night which will (fingers crossed) go ahead next week. I need hot sake in my life <3

Sushi Factory also had some dodgy as sushi on the conveyor belt when we first got there... Honestly conveyor belt sushi is not that great in NZ. There just aren't enough customers for the sushi to continually be fresh! Not to mention the prices are like, what.


Sketchy as heck black medium-rare beef.

I ordered some kind of fried crumbed chicken katsudon thing which made me miss Japan cause it was (as typically) hella expensive lol


Oh hey it looks good in the photo! XD

We were actually supposed to go to Mamak (a Malaysian restaurant at Chancery) but we got there and it turns out the place is closed on Mondays wtf.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

I ended up going there (Mamak) on Tuesday with Tenshi instead, and it's a really nice place!! Super small but absolutely lovely in every way~


The laksa I ordered is really photogenic right? \(//∇//)\

Portion sizes are actually very decent. This bowl was over 1/3 the width of our 1 person wide table so it's really massive and the contents appear small. I could barely finish it, that's how big the bowl was!

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Finally found a chance to catch up with VYL this (friday) morning after what feels like forever. We checked out Federal Delicatessen which is possibly the only American Diner-esque eatery in Auckland or New Zealand for that matter. I was really excited for their poutine as it's the first time I have seen poutine in NZ, but unfortunately it failed on many levels. In particular, the chips weren't even done as well as a regular fish and chip shop, and that gravy was just SAD.

The Toasted Reuben that VYL ordered was pretty good, but it's a tad expensive and honestly I don't think it's possible to screw up on a pastrami and swiss sandwich in rye bread with sauerkraut (which I'm pretty sure is canned). 

Surprisingly the place was really packed when we left at noon too! It's probably because the diner is right opposite the sky tower. What a convenient location...


Interiors are pretty cool. The waitresses wear cute little dresses too! And it's nice and clean.

Oh yeah, an uncle sitting at an outside table waved me and asked if I had a good meal .-.

I don't get waved down often, so it was a bit odd. I'm convinced that man is the boss in disguise, but VYL thinks he's just a random hobo. What hobo would be allowed to occupy a table (for hours and hours just to smoke) at a diner that sets such high prices though?? He's definitely the boss! >:|

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Also today, Hana Emi Doll members planned for a meetup in the evening, but Pat and AP couldn't make it in the end so it was just me and Roxy ;-;

We went corset shopping as planned, and actually ended up buying corsets! I originally wanted to look and try first, but somehow I got swept away and ordered one lol *no self control*

Roxy's corset was already made, but they didn't have one to the right length for me so I ordered one. It's going to take about 2 months for it to be ready!! 2 long painstaking months to wait </3

I can't wait to start waist training eep!!! >w<

Anyway we were planning to go ktv afterwards, but since it was just the two of us, we decided to go shopping (for lashes at Ippondo), pool (at KISS which is surprisingly in pretty good condition compared to the other pool places around), and dinner at Nol Bu Ne!

Speaking of shopping, on the way to Ippondo we walked past this weird art display on the walkway! When I was in Zurich there was a super awkward and view obstructing crane as an art display in the middle of the city. I was telling Roxy about it when BAM out appears a random art display in NZ wtf


It's a couple of kiwis or ducks under a danbo looking box @-@

I have no idea what it's about, but the entire thing is rock solid. You can find it on Queen St just up the road from the White House, in front of Myers Park.

Ok back to dinner! I ordered fish roe soup thingy which is supposed to be spicy but I think I've developed an immunity to chemical chilli </3 

Perhaps BT chicken (super super spicy BBQ chicken wings) killed my tastebuds last semester after all lol

Their potato is just as sweet and perfect as ever. I usually visit the place just for the purpose of having their sweet potato lol. It's the first side dish on the left and doesn't look great, but tastes delicioussssss!


After dinner, we made a quick trip to daiso for my cheap but really good to use daiso eyelashes haha. I buy the really sparse long lashes with a thick band from Daiso as a base, to get my lashes to face up (and create a round eye shape). It saves me having to curl my lashes hehe. Although the effect isn't quite the same, but at 8am on the way to uni with very little sleep I honestly don't care~

We thought really really hard about what we could do after that, but apart from drinking and/or clubbing there was nothing else to do. The weather today was also ridiculously typical of NZ with sun showers, sudden downpours and random gusts of massive winds so we couldn't even venture out on to the viaduct. I can't wait till shops start opening to 9pm as a regular thing. We need it in NZ. Need it bad.


I haven't done much uni work this week, so I'll be really busy next week putting my life back together. Hopefully I can start releasing my travel posts soon though! They're going to be hella long with wayy too many photos~

Don't worry, not many photos will have my face xD


=^.^=
  1. Nagareboshi said... 27 July 2014 at 09:42

    Hahaha, what's with random art displays popping up all over the world? At least that one didn't look like it cost tax payers thousands of dollars lol. ^^

    The pink umeshu would have been nice... I wouldn't mind trying it! If only they had it here!! >__<

    Too much good-looking food, it's late and now I want to eat... But I shall not! XD

Post a Comment

 

Wallpaper from Engram Pixel: http://engrampixel.co.vu,